Join us for the first ever Bigfork Job Fair at Bigfork High School!
Bigfork has long experienced seasonal staffing shortages and this year looks to be more of the same. That is why, at the request of our members, the Bigfork Area Chamber of Commerce is organizing a job fair with Bigfork High School. This is a great opportunity for your business to connect with students and residents in the Bigfork area and fill those seasonal and year round positions. Not hiring right now, know worries! Set up your business booth to attract future applicants and allow the students to explore what a career in your industry might look like.
This event is free to chamber members and non-members are asked to make a $20 contribution towards a Bigfork High School Scholarship the day of the event.
Job Fair Pro Tips:
- How flexible can you be? Can two people cover one job? Willing to hire someone just one day a week? Weekends off or just one weekend a month? Get creative with your job offerings.
- Know what you are looking for. Consider creating a brief aptitude test so you and potential job seekers know what to expect.
- Everybody likes to win something...consider a drawing for a small prize or a "Spin The Wheel" type of promotion.
- Let's get visual! Create a product display at your table, have a informational video or commercial playing, be bold - decorate your area!
- Let's get physical! Cornhole? Product demonstrations? Balance tests?
- Let's get social! "Enter for a chance to win by taking a photo with us and tagging us on social media."
- And finally, smile! Be kind, courteous, and forthcoming with information. The individual in front of you may not be your ideal candidate, but they might know someone who is.