This year’s 4th of July Parade theme is Community First.
There are three tiers of Sponsor opportunities to help defray the cost of the parade. Please contact Rebekah at 406-837-5888 for more information.
Parking for the parade will be in the field at the intersection of Highway 35 and 82. From this parking area only, free shuttle service is available to downtown from 8am-5pm. For everyone to have a clear view of the parade, there will be no cars allowed in downtown Bigfork after 8 am on the 4th.
Floats must pre-register. The Bigfork Area Chamber of Commerce will be charging a fee to help cover the costs associated with the parade. Floats will be judged on Entertainment Value, Originality, Craftsmanship, and Interpretation of the Theme, along with a classic car category. More information can be found at Bigfork.org or by calling the Chamber at 406-837-5888.
This year, parade organizers are paying extra care to the energy and messages from participants both in and watching the parade. We are asking that all individuals attending the parade in any capacity remember this is a community event - welcoming to all and strictly non-partisan. Please keep this in mind if you are planning to attend or participate in the parade. Any person or float that is deemed by parade organizers as offensive or political will be removed from the event. We are proud of where we live in and excited to invite the Flathead Valley to this non-partisan celebration of America’s birthday.
The parade begins at noon with members of the military. They will pause at the Bigfork Inn to present colors while the National Anthem is sung.
- The parade organizers will remove any person and or float that is deemed to be political or offensive. This is a non-partisan community event.
- Items may not be thrown into the crowd. Walkers with your float may hand out items or they may be gently tossed toward the feet of spectators.
- No confetti cannons or throwing confetti. Confetti leaves lasting litter throughout our village. If any person on your float is seen breaking this rule, you will be required to pay for clean-up.
- Parade line up starts at 9 am and closes at 11 am.
- Lineup is first come/first serve
- There is no place holding
- Animals and livestock are welcome to join the parade after the rest of the float and before the Flathead Lake Lodge firetruck – who is last. If you will have animals, please contact us so we can help find a safe, shady place for them. Please have walkers to clean up after them
- Judging will take place in the parade line up. To be judged, your float must be completed by 11:00 am.
- Any entrants who have not already paid will be required to pay prior to the parade